I just got nominated for the Liebster Award from Brandi who blogs on Penguins in Pink.
What is the Liebster Award?
The award is giving from bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Therefor newbies like myself get a helping hand from more established bloggers.
The award works just like a chain letter, back in the day. That means I will need to nominated 11 other bloggers to spread the word, link back and answer some interesting questions, which I can come up with.
Plus 11 random facts about myself!
Penguins in Pink‘s questions and Julia’s answers:
1. How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in January 2015.
2. What do love and hate about blogging?
I love blogging because it gives me an outlet to talk about things I learned, flexibility in my daily life and it is a new venture. I don’t like that it can be a lonely endeavor and overwhelming at the same time.
3. Why do you blog?
I started blogging as a possibility to start get back into work mode after an extended stay at home gig with my youngest son. Plus blogging forces me to start learning new skills such as photography and social networking.
4. Which one of your blog posts were you most proud of, and why?
So far, I am very happy with all of them. As I am still green behind my ears I haven’t yet encountered that one very special blog post.
5. What’s your all time favorite movie?
I love 50 first dates. I am not a fan of either main actors, but the concept is great. Every time I fail with something I think about the movie as a reminder that a change in approach might be needed in order to be successful.
6. Surprise! Company is staying for dinner. What are you going to make them to wow them?
I would task my husband to cook while I entertain ;-).
7. Are you a turtle in disguise? Or do you wish you were one?
I don’t get the question. Even the world wide wisdom didn’t have anything good to offer,….. maybe it is not that wise….
8. Did that last question make you snortle (snort and chortle combined)?
Wondering would be my responds!
9. Who is your favorite fictional character?
Miss Marple. Love her!
10. Coffee, tea or soda?
Hot Chocolate. From 8 am – 4pm and some raw juices in-between.
11. Unleash your inner nerd – Star Wars or Star Trek?
11 fun facts about me!
1) I used to record Star Was on cassette andI built space ships a la Star Trek.
2) I hate camping, but will do it for and with my children.
3) I attempted to learned Japanese 2 times with he aim to go to Japan for a few months. That never happened and I forgot it all :-(.
4) I used to speak Hebrew. But as with Japanese, I didn’t continue speaking and now it is a faded memory
5) When I was in my mid-twenty I discovered YA novels. I love that genre.
6) Cats over dogs.
7) I used to live in a village with 80 people and 120 cows.
8) I love audiobooks. I even don’t know how many I own.
9) I wrote 2 screenplays and a first episode in a comic series. I am hoping to produce one of the screenplays one day.
10) I am hoping that we will sail around the world one day.
11) I attended the State Ballet School of Berlin for 4 years then I was 10 years old and lived in their dorm.
Do you know that: Are you a turtle in disguise? means?